Loco LL

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What have the rest of them been doing?

I thought I should blog every now and then about the rest of my family. It is so easy to focus on the newest of the lahrtribe. This past Sunday, we stayed home all day because church was canceled due to no heat and a big snow that decided to dump on us and unfortunately turn to slush by the next day. Chris attempted to teach the girls how to play chess. Alexa got her hair braided, and yes, Alexa did get her hair chopped. We made a chocolate pudding cake with no sugar. We have all given up sugar for lent. So we sweetened it with juice concentrate. It was surprisingly good, though it had a twang to it. Chris has given up biting his nails for lent. He puts tape on his nails and uses some polish that is supposed to taste bad. I am trying to talk him into a manicure to get the cuticles cleaned up but he refuses. It doesn't want to be labeled a metrosexual. I don't think he has to worry about that.

So, how did we decide to cut Alexas hair? Well, actually she decided to. My cousin took her along with her and her kids to a place called pigtails in Richmond. I told Alexa she could decide however much she wanted cut though I was so certain it would be only an inch or two. She came home with this. I was totally shocked and happy. It is so much easier to deal with. Chris was not so happy though. When I said that I am next to get a haircut, he said that he was going to grow his long again. We'll see.

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

It looks really cute!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Tell Chris that's why it's called a MANicure!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger lara said...

good point mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home