Loco LL

Thursday, April 03, 2008

you know how it is...


you know that feeling you get when your favorite restaurant closes down. if you live in philly, then you definitely know what i am talking about. well, it just stinks, doesn't it?? knowing you will never have that favorite dish again, or see those waiters/waitresses again, or just experience the smells, tastes, and atmosphere. I guess that is how i have been feeling these last few days. Chris had his procedure (you know...the one that ensures that there are no more babies.). It is a weird and sad feeling. I know how content we are with our three girls, but I also feel i need to grieve a little at the fact that i will never experience pregnancy and birth again. Also, I am, starting a new job in a couple of weeks as a labor and delivery nurse. i know i will have it in my face day after day and hopefully "get my fix." but it isn't the same as experiencing it yourself.

6 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am all worried about the pain of having a child (which is probably at least 3-5 years in the future for me), and now you're saying how wonderful an experience it is (which I've heard before, but never in the way you describe it). I know I (we - my fiance and I) probably want to adopt. Hmm... I may have to reconsider whether I might be willing to birth my own children or not. Thanks for this. :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

Is that Titi? I see her belly stickin' out.

~Kindred

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I felt the same way when Si had his surgery and I was pregnant. I just was complaining that morning about how uncomfortable I was thankful that it was the last, then sad that night that it was the last. Oh those motherly hormones:-)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger maria said...

OK, you scared me with that pic. Didn't if there was an important email I had missed??? Thanks for clearing up the confusion. And I'll keep you in prayer during this time of grieving and happy remembrance.

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Sigh* What a wistful post... Thanks for sharing!
-Caren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home