Loco LL

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Me, the artist??

I have always explained myself as "artistic thinking" without "artistic abilities." I try to be artistic with my cooking, house decorating, and sometimes my photography. Usually I just get frustrated with the photography though because I rarely get a picture that comes out as I pictured it to be. Then sometimes I am surprised. I was really surprised that our good friend Joel put my picture of the clothes pin on his "art in community among the poor" blog. Joel lives and works in Romania with his lovely wife Monica who I posted a link to on my previous posting. They have 2 beautiful boys. Joel is simultaneously the most humble and talented person I know. I was pretty surprised that he liked my photo enough to put on his blog. But I wanted to share that on my blog as a way of saying that even those of us who think we have no talent have hope. Actually I believe we all were made to be creative. It is just harder for some of us to find a means to express it. Thanks Joel for seeing creativity in me.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Blogger Joel said...

your photos are beautiful and insightful. I remember seeing that when we were all living in Wilmore. Keep shooting. I changed the post to include part of your reflection and a link to your blog. Thanks for sharing. joel

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Mom said...

You are more creative than you realize. Look at the BD parties you have planned, articles you have written, etc. Most impressive is how creative you are when it comes to saving money. For someone on such a small budget, you have to be creative to do the things you do and have the things you have.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger lara said...

ha! that made me laugh mom. thanks for the encouragement:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home