Loco LL

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

following in her sisters footsteps


I really thought India would be walking a couple of months ago. She has been standing on her own since she was 10 months, but lost interest after that. At Christmas, we all thought she would walk, but nope. Now that she will be 13 months in just a few days, she is finally walking! Her sisters both walked at 13 months, so I think she just had to follow their lead:) She is also not a performer. I have always said that about her. She never says words for people when I ask her to so I rarely bother. It is the same with walking. I kept getting the video camera out to film her walking yesterday and she would just flop on the floor and crawl to me. So yesterday I was standing her up and just stayed behind her. Well she walked straight to her highchair!! Chris is out of town too so he missed it:( She still is learning balance for sure and I am certain she will fall way more than she walks over the next month, but she is walking now. She loves to walk to me and fall in to my arms. I am reliving that joy that I had with Alexa and Moriah. It is so fun. Did I mention how much she is talking!! The cutest is when she says Oskar (our dog). She says it in her cute little voice, "aahhh gu" so of coarse Oskar won't answer to her since he is used to us yelling his name.

3 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Mom said...

Wish I could be there to see those first steps! She is such a doll baby. Please give all three a Valentine's kiss for me and Dad and I send hugs and kisses to you.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats India! That's so exciting. I'm sorry that Chris missed it.

-Stephanie

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I so wish I could have been there for the first steps. Can't wait to see her toddling around. She ought to have it mastered by the next time we see you.

Love, Mom Lahr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home