Loco LL

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tired but Tagged

I am about to got to bed after a long 13 hours of work and a wonderful reunion with old friends and i thought I would just check a couple of friends blogs. Well, evidently I have been "tagged with a 'meme" by meesh and maria. So, since I was the first on the list of michelle's and according to maria, I need a break from the kids, here it goes:

8 THINGS I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT:

-loving my husband more now after 11 1/2 years than the day I met him, and learning to love him more as a partner
-loving my three daughters; they are all so different and I love each of their little unique ways
-raising my girls to be strong and confident women in the knowledge of Gods love for them
-natural childbirth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering (you know, all that granola mom stuff)
-justice
-racial reconciliation
-community
-traveling/ cross cultural experiences

8 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:

-take my whole family to India to hang out with one of the coolest people I know and all of her 50 kids
-See my girls fulfill their passions in life
-be a midwife
-retire and buy an RV and travel with Chris to live in our daughters driveways, annoying the crud out of them but being able to see my grandkids whenever I want
-run a marathon
-get better at photography and maybe make a book
-learn contentment
-love better

8 THINGS I SAY OFTEN: this is bad

-Moriah, stop it!
-Ale-Moriah stop it!
-Ind-Moriah stop it!
-That's ridiculous! (my kids say this now)
-Where did my baby go? (meaning she is so big now, not that we lost her)
-hey mama
-i need a massage
-i'm so tired

8 books I have read recently (and by recently, I mean 2007):

-The Hawk and the Dove by Penelpoe Wilcock
-Redeeming Love by francine Rivers
-The Gift by Richard Paul Evans
-Midwives of an unnamed future
-Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Paul Brand and Phillip Yancey
-Siblings without rivalry by Faber and Mazlish
-Captivating by Staci Eldridge
-Christy

8 songs I can listen to over and over:

-Typewriter Tip Tip Tip from Darjeeling soundtrack
-wild child - enya
-blessed to be a witness- ben harper
-shower the people you love with love - james taylor
-all i need is everything- over the rhine
-Jesus Christ- Woody Guthrie
- O holy night by anyone
- Redemption song sung by bob marley

8 THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO MY BEST FRIENDS

-fun to be around
-good listeners cause I can talk
-good talkers cause sometimes I just like to listen
-just being real and honest
-messy houses:) and lots of kids because then I know there is an unsaid understanding between us
-likes to talk about other things besides kids because yeah I do need a break sometimes
-funny
-similar interests (cooking, walking, scrapbooking, nursing, etc)

8 PEOPLE WHO SHOULD DO THIS:

-Chris, because you would have fun doing it and make everyone read it
-Alexa, because you would get to practice writing (well, typing)
-Rachel (I told you, you need to blog)
-Hayley (because I want to know all that stuff about you)
-Beth (because I know you get bored at work)
-Monica (because i love reading your stuff)
-Daphne (because your blogs make me laugh and I like your book suggestions:)
-my mom (yeah right)


-

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

I can't believe you did this last night! You were exhausted. Applause! Thanks for sharing. (I love that you like friends who talk. And talk. And...) love ya!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Michael said...

your songs are my favorite part

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Mom said...

I would much before responding to your blog than doing one myself. My life is not that interesting for others to read about but one thing I would like to do before I die is have your family, Steve's and John go on a vacation together at the beach somewhere and just have time to connect once again! Love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home