Loco LL

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Midbitch

So, if you didn't know...midwife literally means "with woman." Well, today I was "with dog." I got a call from my seemingly stressed friend around the corner. Joyce had told me before that she might want me to come over when there dog delivered her pups. Of coarse, I was excited to get the call this morning. I threw on my clothes and ran to her house. Their daughter was standing outside waiting for me telling me the first one had come and was so cute. I thought for a minute, this must be what it feels like to be a midwife. Well I stayed for quite a while as Jada delivered 7 more pups. She delivered 2 more after I left, making the grand total 10!!! I had to intervene a few times to break the sac when Jada was too tired to do it, and I delivered a breech too. That was so cool! I was amazed by how natural the whole thing was. Jada just nurtured her pups so well and they all latched on (well not all at the same time). This might be a gross thing for some people, for me it was just awesome and I am so glad Joyce called me.


1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is, um, pretty cool, i think....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home