Loco LL

Sunday, October 21, 2007

9 months!!

Ok, I find it incredible that my baby has been here for as long as I was pregnant. I felt like the pregnancy was so long and it has been so short a time since she has been born.
So, I have been wanting to blog for the past few days but been too busy. Why blog? mainly for myself since I have not even bought a baby album for India yet. I think it will be easier once I get going on it to go to my blog and know when I took these pictures and all of her milestones. Yes, it is to keep family and friends updated too but so few of you comment that I am not sure it is being read. Hint!! I know it is when I see family and they know all that is going on in my life without asking. But a comment every now and then would be so nice...Ok, enough of the guilt trip. So, what is India up to these days. Well, we moved her into her room. The transition was good. Only two days of crying. I still put her in my room sometimes because I miss her and I think doing this keeps her flexible. The stands up in her crib and pack in play as soon as I put her in there. She doesn't cry though. I think she loves doing it. Then I will put on her crib music that cousin Karen gave her and she talks to the fish in it. What is she saying these days. In addition to mama and dada, she now says baby, doggy and hi. Also, we think that she is somehow learning an african dialect, though it must be God given because we certainly aren't teaching her. For the past month or so, we've been hearing her clicking her tongue. She is getting more advanced with the click, making new and interesting sounds that I didn't know possible.
She also waves, claps her hands and does sign language for "more." She is cruising the furniture and lets go every now and then to check to see if she can balance it yet. She plops right down and gets right back up.
She has a nasty cold and her first ear infection now. I wasn't too happy about putting her on antibiotics, but I know with Chris out of town and her being at the sitters, it will go much smoother with an infection free child. Right now, she is eating a good book. She loves pulling down the books from our shelves and chewing on them a while. How cute will that be to pull out our book 10 years from now and see all the chew marks. She is eating most everything we give her at this point. Even the Trader Joes Organic O's that I thought would be too hard for her, she chomps on with her 6 BIG teeth (as seen in photos).


Chris is out of town again. He was gone for a week, home for 5 days and now is gone for a week again. He took Moriah this time. They are in Indiana for recruiting and family time. I wish we could have gone. Alexa and I have been having fun though. We needed some bonding time. Now that she is a "tween" we are hanging like friends. She wanted to go to the local restaurant with me last night to hear live jazz. How cool is that. But then her friend called to invite her over for a movie, so which one do you think she chose. Mom got dissed! She did work out with me yesterday. I let her do the transport machine next to mine at the gym and I taught her about calories, miles, and rpms. Good math and science lesson while getting exercise together.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

Can't believe she can eat the O's! What a chomper.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Lahrtribe said...

I love you honey. I miss you and can't wait to be back in Philly. I love the updates. big kiss

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Yes I do read the blog regularly. I learn more from it than I ever do talking with Chris. He's such a guy. We're enjoying having him and Moriah here for a few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home