Loco LL

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I can Breathe...

Though the past two days have been rainy and "chilly," I am enjoying the change from the heat wave that sat over us for so long. We had a few awesome days without rain too. We have been trying to get outside more. I am trying to get back to running but my feet have been giving me issues. I went yesterday and probably ran 4 miles. It felt good even with the rain. And Oskar needed it too. He just about made me fall on my face a couple of times when he saw another dog. He has been in the house for a few weeks now with almost no exercise. Amyways, I woke up this morning and I could hardly walk. I have plantar fasciitis. It is extreme pain in the heals. Motrin helps a little, but it doesn't help when I go to work for a 12 hour shift on that hard hospital floor. I really am getting old. I don't mind being old. Just the pains get in the way. I realized how old i am last night at the eastern dinner. We saw Chris Hall, an old prof of ours. We had him his first few years of teaching and now he is provost and been there 16 years!
India had a rough time last night. Stephanie was so sweet to watch all three for us. She is good with India and didn't seem too stressed about India fussing so much. I hope she gets more used to being watched by others. It is our fault for not leaving her with others yet and now she is having stranger anxiety.
We babysat Kindred and Elias the other night. Alexa had a friend come over to watch high school musical also. i felt like our house was a daycare. They were all good though. I put Elias to bed, came down and fed India, put her to bed, came down and got Kindred, hung out with him outside for a while and put him to bed. Came down and watched the end of the movie and put the girls to bed.The best part was hanging out with my sweet godson, Kindred. We had a much needed bonding time. This past year has been so busy, I just have had very little time to hang with him. He is really starting to love Chris too. Michelle said that he new when they got to my street that they were at titi Laras house. And then he said "and chris too?" He watched some football with him which chris loved. We watched a thunderstorm together and counted cars.
India is starting to crawl. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks like crazy. She will move forward a little and then flops back on her belly. I am actually hoping she holds off on crawling a few more weeks so I can get the house ready. Or maybe I am just not ready for her to grow up yet?? She is getting another tooth which is why her tongue is constantly sticking out. She is like a lizard with that tongue, or maybe a giraffe. She sticks it out pretty far and points it to her nose. Funny.





1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

India is so cute with that tongue! She looks like Elias.

Kindred had a great time too, with Titi and Chris. Thanks again.

Sorry about your feet. =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home