Loco LL

Friday, February 08, 2008

What is my toddler up to??


She is quite the toddler now. India is growing up so fast that I hate even leaving her for one day to go to work. She walks holding one of our hands now and has taken an individual step here and there. She's slowly gaining confidence with that. But she has too much confidence with the stairs. We finally put the gate up because that is all she wants to do is climb. In her sisters room, she even climbs their bunk bed ladder!! I am excited to see her learning new things, but of coarse it is bitter sweet. She also blows kisses now and plays peek a boo really well. She has almost 9 teeth (her first molar is coming). She faces forward in the car so we can blow her kisses in the mirror.
Her language skills are out of control though!!! She says a new word every day. I am teaching her to sign too, but she doesn't need to much (it is more for the fun of it). So here is a little list, though I am sure it is incomplete:
Mama
Dada
aleya (Alexa)
doggy
duck
maaaaa (more)
beek a boo (peek a boo)
ut........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ba (bear)
baba (baby)
ah ah ah ah (mokey sound)
ah ah ah ah (dog barking)
nana (banana)
raaaa (roar)
ugh da (all done)

Language is amazing. I had forgotten how much fun it is to watch a baby learn and the excitement in their eyes as they realize they just accomplished something new. I went to my first play group today. India was totally loving it. She was socializing with all the babies there. She loves it when her sisters play with her, though Moriah can be a bit overwhelming at times. She loves to read books. She especially loves animal books and learning what they say and do. We taught her to stick her tongue out like a lizard, roar like a lion and make monkey sounds. She laughs when I try to get her to moo like a cow or oink like a pig and she just gives me a face like she thinks that I am crazy when I make my loud elephant noise.
India loves to eat everything I put in front of her. She loves to chew on raw carrots and bananas are her favorite food. I had to teach her how to say it since she would scream every time she saw one. She is also becoming less and less interested in nursing which is natural but sad for me. She just loves to eat what we eat.

On another note, I have an interview for a labor and delivery position that would be nights. It would be two 12 hour shifts and one 8. I want the job so much but am torn about what it will do to me as a mom. We'll see what happens. I would need someone who could come spend the night with the kids when chris is out of town and right now I don't know who would be willing to do that. I would hopefully switch to less hours eventually and could work around Chris' schedule but the first few months would be tough. Oh, I guess there is no reason to stress since I haven't had the interview yet.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Mom said...

I can't believe how fast India is growing up. Maybe if you get this job I will be able to come up at times and help you out when Chris travels. I know I need quality time with the children and that would be one way to get it. The week before Christmas and getting ready for birthday parties doesn't work since there is so much going on. I need to be with them during some down time like when nothing else is going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home