Loco LL

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

As Promised...

So, after an hour and a half, the use of various tools, and a half bottle of conditioner, and the loss of a good and faithful comb, we managed to save moriahs hair from a bad haircut. I owe that one to a husband who loves long hair so much that he had the patience to try everything imaginable to get the comb out. It was the fattest dread lock I have ever seen!




Her hair is a bit thinner on the side, but it sure is better than what it could look like. She was trying to curl her hair with a comb. She'll never do that again.

I have to say that I was very impressed by Moriah's patience during the ordeal. She sat quiet the entire time. If it had been Alexa, we may have had to deal with a panic attack at the same time as the comb in the hair. She was so tired by 11pm that she was almost sleeping while I was pulling her hair out! She woke for school the next day with a bit of a headache but wasn't tired at all. Amazing.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger maria said...

Yowee, that looks like it hurt. She's pretty amazing, Miranda would have had a fit!

Did you call on our home phone? We never check it anymore -- in fact, we need to cancel it. I'll call you from my cell when I get back (on the 17th), so you can have that number. That's all we use now. Sorry I didn't call you back -- it wasn't you!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Though I'm with Chris on the long hair thing... I finally cut C's hair for the first time last month because she looked SO mangy!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Lahrtribe said...

i love you and our kids, can't wait to see them. chris

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I did this very same thing to my hair even when I was older - I think when I was 10 or 12! I think it wasn't so bad we had to cut anything, but some hair was ripped out in the process...

And the picture below, of India pulling everything out from the cupboard... my mom has an almost identical picture of me doing that. :)

Thanks for reminding me of my childhood. :)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Sorry Moriah had to go through that torture! She has beautiful hair but sometimes I wonder if it is worth the pain. Hope you gave her a head massage when she got home from school for being so patient.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home