Loco LL

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spectacular







There is nothing more beautiful to me than birth. I have had a lot of people ask me why I would want to be a labor and delivery nurse. How can I stand screaming women and all the blood and poop and stuff. I guess it is how I was made. Just like springtime brings such joy to me after a long cold winter. Just like hearing testimony from someone who has become free of a drug addiction and now lives in the freedom of Christ. Just like a flower piercing the cold hard ground to reach towards the sun in all of its glory. Seeing a baby brought into this world is the most spectacular thing on earth!!! I have given birth three times and now have supported three births. Today made me realize why I became a nurse. I knew it already, but today just was a fullness of the joy, excitement and accomplishment of it all. I thank God for this job, wherever it might take me. I know there will be frustrations, and there already are. But to witness a miracle and be paid for that. Shoot, who could ask for anything better!!

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger maria said...

I'm with you -- I think that if I had a parallel life, I'd like to be a midwife. Maybe when the kids are out of the house, I'll have my own midlife change of direction and go into practice with you!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lara, I'm so happy for your new job! I love the enthusiasm you have for birth--it is a gift to the women whose lives you will touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home