Loco LL

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

used to play the guitar...

I got an e mail this morning that made me happy yet frustrated. Trace Bundy is the absolute best guitar player I have ever seen. Check him out.

So he is coming to the east coast, and I am definitely going to go see him play again. Why the frustration? Everytime I watch him play, I get chills up and down my spine. It is beautiful and amazing to watch. I get excited and want to try to pick up my guitar again play. I thought that I would one day be good enough to play & give my kids chills. I used to get chills watching my dad play. He gave me a little kid guitar when I was about 9. He tried to teach me, but I gave up because I got sick of yankee doodle. I wanted to play Peter Paul and Mary from the start. Now I want to play Canon! My dad gave me his beautiful classical Martin when I went to college and I had it for about 10 years. He took it back because I wasn't playing. I started to think the banjo would be something fun to play. Well, Chris surprised me with a banjo a year ago in the middle of my finals and studying for the boards. I didn't have time to pick it up despite my excitement. Before a week had passed, that banjo became Chris'. He loves it. He has gone through all the lessons and plays on our front porch regularly. No, he isn't good yet, but he has a lot more patience than I to work through those silly songs.
So it makes me a bit frustrated to see Trace Bundy, but happy at the same time. If you are in the area, you shouldn't miss the show! In the mean time I am going to try giving the guitar another chance.

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Joshua Grace said...

he married my sarah white's cousin and played a couple songs in my living room while hanging out. he's a pretty cool dude and does indeed rip.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home