Loco LL

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Monumental Moments

I have been thinking about how days and days go by with nothing memorable to speak of. How I want to remember every moment with India as she grows more every day. How I want to remember those cute things that Alexa and Moriah say 20, 30, and 50 years from now. Having a blog helps me a little but I am still pretty bad about writing things down.
Well, yesterday I had the worst grocery store experience of my life (so far). Not that I have had any super bad experiences, and I am sure I will have a worse experience eventually. But this is still one that I won't forget. I dropped Moriah off at school and took off for Acme with India. I didn't have a list (because, like I said I am horrible about writing things down). I just roll up and down the isles, getting my WIC stuff and all of my other necessities. It took some time because I am trying out a new store and still don't know where everything is. Finally I was ready to check out. I stood in line for a while and then the cashier started checking out all of my WIC stuff. Immediately he told me I had to get the regular carrots and not the mini ones, and I got the wrong kind of tuna. I told him I had gotten those plenty of times before, so he gets out his WIC booklet to show me that sure enough he was right. So, I left all my stuff except the carrots and tuna to go swap them for the right kind. I was rushing because I didn't want to start a long line. Anyways, I grabbed the stuff and came back. The cashier dude says he is so sorry but I still got the wrong tuna. "IT MUST BE CHUNK LIGHT< NOT CHUNK WHITE." Hmmmm I wonder how I could have gotten so confused. So, I asked if he could go get it this time or have someone get it because I didn't know what he was talking about. I am not a big tuna person. I have no idea what the difference is, though if i had taken the time to read it i would have gotten the right one. So he got someone to get it for me. Meanwhile he is double checking everything else I had which was really a process. He also made an issue of me bringing my own bags! Finally he got it all through and I realized that I had left my wallet in my other bag (you know how confusing it is having a purse and a diaper bag!) So I told him to put my other groceries off to the side and i would run home real quick and be right back to buy them. So off I go, lugging the groceries and the baby home, run in the house, grab the wallet and off to the store again. I go through the store to grab one more thing i forgot the first time (no list), and go to the cashier dude. I stand there a few minutes in line and then he looks at me and says that all of my items were put away. You have got to be kidding me, I said to him. I didn't have a list, and I was going to have to go through every isle again!!! SO I stormed off and grabbed a few of the things I could remember and passed by him one last time (giving him a mean look--he didn't notice) on my way to the self check-out isle! I forgot half the stuff and had to go to the store again today. I am sure the checkout dude might be a very nice guy but he needs to learn a thing or two about customer service. And maybe I need to learn to be patient.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

oh NO! I can only imagine the disaster this was. You are a trooper for doing it all over again!

Can't wait to see you.
m

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

Your profile makes it seem like you are also mom to a nurse. =)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger lara said...

i was feeling loopy when i redid it. thanks for the input

 

Post a Comment

<< Home