Loco LL

Saturday, October 14, 2006

ok, ok...another blog! Gosh!

Alright, it has been over a month since I have blogged. I check to see if there are ever comments, and since there usually aren't I haven't bothered blogging. But my gung ho blogger friend, Meesh says "more blogs please."
So, what have I been up to for the past month. Well, you can probably guess that I have been adjusting to my new job at Einstein Hospital. I have started giving medications to my patients which basically means less time to sit during my 12 hour shift. On Thursday, I think I sat down for 10 minutes out of the whole 12 hours. I never found time to eat lunch yesterday. I only had four patients too. One of them went on yellow alert though which means she was on a list for an organ and it was ready for her. That was so exciting . I cried with the patient while doing her ekg. There are a lot of things about this job that I love. There are probably just as many things that I dislike, but I realize that these are things I have to put up with for this time in my life to be able to move on to do what I really want to do. What is that? I haven't completely figured it out yet, but if I can get a part time labor and delivery or maternity job at einstein I would take it in a heart beat. Or maybe I will reapply to Esperanza. Or another idea is to quit working all together and be a substitute school nurse at alexas school. I have a year to figure it out.

The pregnancy is going good. I have been trying to find time to get chris to take a picture of my ever growing belly. I will put up a few of the progression. India moves constantly. She does karate kicks on my bladder when I am half way through teaching my aerobics class or 2 1/2 miles into my 5 mile walk. I think it will be a big accomplishment if I can make it through the pregnancy without having to buy depends. Other than that, my only pains are uterine ligament achings from being on my feet all day. I am 27 weeks along. I have been looking for an affordable way to have a home birth, but so far it has been unsuccessful. I haven't decided what to do about it, but I still love the birth center option and that is totally covered by insurance. I just would love to have this baby at our home and it is ashame that insurance companies make it so difficult for that to happen.
I will also be putting a blog up about the girls b day party soon so stay posted. It was a lot of fun. The highlight for all of the kids was the balloon on my head. You will have to wait for pictures to understand that one.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home