Loco LL

Friday, September 15, 2006

Whew, a Week of Work!!!

I have had a couple of e mails and calls from people wondering how my first week of work went. Well, for orientation, it wasn't too bad. It was a lot of sitting and listening, playing with computers and finally today we got to practice some skills. I was so nervous i was going to have to practice a blood draw on other staff, but thank God we had a dummy hand to do it on. It isn't so bad. I am actually looking forward to doing it on a patient so that I can just get that first real stick over with. I got some special treatment today in our body mechanics lab. I didn't have to lift a person from the head and everyone else did. I guess I am a liability. I was also standing in line for the bathroom and two guys let me go ahead of them. This belly sticking out has its benefits! Anyways, overall I am feeling good about the week. Monday will be my first 12 hr shift on the floor. I met my preceptor. She seems nice and so does the manager. It is a very busy floor, so I know I will be exhausted by the end of my 12 hours. I am going to have to give up my daily workouts. I have been so good about either walking an hour or going to aerobics every day. I don't see how I will have the energy or time with working 12 hours. I am still going to keep teaching aerobics though. My schedlule is working out so far. Hopefully I won't gain 50 lbs with this pregnancy, but I definitely had to give up my desire to gain less than my previous pregnany of 29 lbs. Lets just say my metabolism has slown down just a little. I have gained 15 already!! Well, it is all worth it. Baby is doing well. She moves all the time. Quite a distraction during all these classes.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

more blogs please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home