Loco LL

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

san francisco

How refreshing to be in another city that is doing things a bit greener and looking out for their people a it more. I love philly, but there are a few things that we could learn from cities like san francisco. Where it isn't odd to see a sign for "grass-fed beef," or to see solar panels, or for the toll booth lady to let us go across the golden gate bridge for free because there were three of us in the car. There is no perfect city, but this one seems to "get it" a bit more than east coast cities do.

The vineyards in napa valley are breathtaking, not to mention, endless. Everywhere you look from the mountains, to the valleys are covered. Then there are the roses. I wanted to rub them all over me, they were so fragrant. I only wish i could have stayed there longer.

We visited a few wineries and tasted some amazing wines. I know a bit more about wine and feel like I will not be able to appreciate my $6 bottle of wine as much anymore. But it was an amazing experience.



We visited my brother's old restaurant that he worked for called The French Laundry. It is a extremely well known and expensive restaurant. We couldn't afford to eat there but we took some nice pictures in the garden.






We visited fishermen's wharf, stood on top spencer battery to take pictures of the golden gate bridge, and drove the crookedest street of america. We saw the sea lions and alcatraz from pier 39.

My aunt and I had a lovely time with my brother. We are leaving early tomorrow for China. I am not looking forward to 13 hours on the plane, but I can't wait to be there. I miss the kids like crazy. Everything I saw today, I wanted to share with them.

4 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Lahrtribe said...

wish I could be there with you. Sorry I got cut off from you, the computer freaked>> I thought it crashed actually. I restarted it>> I think it had something to do with the camera. oh well. I love you and miss you. have a great trip to china.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're having a great time already! Safe travels....

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Mom said...

Dad and I both wish we had been with you in California. I guess now you know why your brother doesn't want to leave anytime soon. I certainly enjoyed all the beautiful pictures. We did get the speaker on but I'm not sure how it works.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous trip, Lara! Some day not too far from now your girls will be old enough to enjoy a trip like that. My family took our first trip across country when I was 8 and my sister was 5 and we both LOVED it!
peace,
Caren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home