Loco LL

Friday, May 02, 2008

IS 15 MONTHS A TODDLER??


seriously, i thought i had more time. this sweet baby that has blessed us with 15 months of sleeping well, eating what ever we give her, nursing well, never crying unless she is tired or hungry ( i promise! ). Where did that baby go. Now she is saying a new word every day. Though she has not said "no" yet, she understands it. She shakes her head fervently, exclaiming her protest when I try to give her pea soup, or nurse her on the left side (yep, I am lop-sided now!), or put her down for a nap. She still sleeps ok, but she is starting to protest the thought of it at first. I am glad she likes the pacifier though, because this always helps her nestle into a good sleep.


She still is my sweet bug, but there is a new attitude coming out that I guess I wasn't quite ready for. She is sassy! She likes to climb onto chairs and sit, winging her legs. Her new thing is to climb onto the chair and then the table, and stand on the table!! She is a lot like Moriah was as a toddler, but I don't remember it starting this early. The thing that is different about her is her attitude towards others. She is a complete mix of Alexa and Moriah. It totally depends on her mood. She can be totally shy, or a complete social butterfly. I love taking her shopping because she waves hi to everyone she sees and screams "hiiiiiiiiiii" or "byyyyyyyeeeeeebbbbyyyyyyyyeeee" You can just see hearts melting from her cuteness. But if she is tired, forget it. She won't give you the time of day. I love seeing her personality evolving, and I love being with her every day. I am going to miss her so much these next 2 weeks. Hopefully she will go back to nursing. This will help us tremendously.
I am still enjoying my job. I did have an emergency c-section experience as well as an adoption experience. The woman came in, high on crack, had delivered her 4 lb baby at home and showed up at the ER with the placenta in her. She didn't want to see the baby and said she was giving her to her neighbors. I was overwhelmed by all this to say the least. I know I will see crazy things, and I hope I have the strength and heart to continue on without becoming hardened.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Michael said...

"yep, I am lop-sided now!" ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home