Loco LL

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The ever growing belly...

Just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger, I have. I have officially gained as much weight as I did my whole pregnancy with Moriah. Well, I am a lot less disturbed by this than the fact that the baby has been sitting so low and continues to get lower every week that my belly measurements are actually getting smaller. Yes, I am dropping and I can feel it in my lower back. Barbara, my midwife, says that I am a fingertip and 50% efaced. She says I have quite a bit of ripening to go, so hopefully I will go tonight or not until the 11th because she is leaving town until then. Also my mom is in Florida this weekend, and my good friend and support person, Michelle is visiting family up north. So, if you are reading this between Jan.3rd and 10th, say a prayer that I will hold off labor. We are getting closer to having the house ready for Indias birth. WE have been cleaning and organizing. My work has let me go down to 8 hr shifts. I have quit teaching aerobics because of the lower back pain. I still go to the gym and walk the dog a lot. I miss aerobics and it is a kick to my pride since I did it to the end with both my other pregnancies. But this pregnancy is so different, and I need to enjoy it for what it is.
We bought a moses basket and a baby swing this past week. I think we have everything now. My next appt with Barbara isn't until the 16th if I haven;t had the baby, and she will help push me into labor if my body is ready for it. For those of you interested, I think this is so cool. She had a client last week who was a week over due. She inserted a 30cc foley vaginally and inflated it in her cervix. It fell out about 4 hrs later, and in another 4 hrs she was in labor. Who knew you could induce labor with a foley!! I have access to them at work... i gave it some thought, but decided I would rather let nature do what it does until the 16th anyways.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold off hold off! I'm coming home soon! love, meesh

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so proud of you, and you look fabulous! We're sending prayers and blessings your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home