Loco LL

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Narnia Experience...

Chris and I threw a Narnia birthday party for the girls last weekend. They have been talking about it for over 6 months. We worked really hard to create a narnia fantacy land in our home. Here are the things we did:

We started off in the front yard making crowns with the kids while we waited for everyone to show up. Alexa was dressed as Susan and Moriah was Lucy, of coarse. They looked amazing!
Chris was the Narnia guide/narrator. He brought them into the house through a ghetto rig wardrobe at our front door. He sat them around the lamp post that we bought from home depot (and later took back.) We had white sheets laying around and snowflakes hanging from the ceilings. We even brought up our chirstmas tree and covered it in white snowflakes. That was in the entryway of our house. Chris explained that they really needed to use there imaginations while in Narnia.
Next, Chris brought them into Moriah's room which was turned into Mr. Tumnus' house. They sat around drinkking tea and eating cookies for a bit. After that, they went to the beavers house (chris had turned the whole dining room into a big fort). This was everyones favorite part of the tour. He told them aboutt the white witch.


After that, they played pin the tail on Aslan. They did the whole spinning thing and kept getting caught up in the sheets. They were falling all over the place.
Next, they entered the white witches castle. Yes, I found a dress that fit me and that is a balloon in my hair. I gave them all turkish delights and tried to get them to tell me where Edmand was.
After this, the witch came down and said that she needed Edmands blood. Chris gave me Aslan instead, and I took him to the stone table, where Chris brought the kids up (in our bedroom) and they had a moment of silence for him. Of coarse he resurrected. Chris took them outside in the backyard where he had pitched our tents and it was the battle scene. He took them in our big tent and explained that they needed to defeat the witch by hugging her and making her love again. SO I came outside and they gang-hugged me. I told them I was sorry for being mean and I wanted to have ice-cream cake to celebrate our new love.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm glad it all went well. I feel like making the white witch picture my desktop pic!

Glad you got the blog to work.

~michelle (not michael)

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

Hey you all. This was fantastic! You all were so creatve!

But... pin the tail on Aslan?

Sacriledge!

:)

Michael (not Michelle)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Rosabelle said...

hi lara - this party looks amazing! i just started to tell justin about it and he stopped me and said that he already knew and that chris had asked him to be mr. tumnus - i would have loved to see that! You all are so creative!
-rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home