Loco LL

Saturday, November 18, 2006

8 weeks to go!

I can hardly believe i only have 8 weeks until this baby arives. I hardly feel ready. My life has been so consumed with the adjustment of going to work full time for the first time in 7 years, and learning how to be a nurse! This week i had a full load of patients for the first time. The first two days were completely overwhelming. By the third, I felt somewhat better. Tommorrow, I am for real on my own. No preceptor hanging over me making sure I remember to do everthing. Remember everything!! Are you kidding. I just read a study that says that pregnant woment are proven to be 15% - 25% more forgetful, though they go back to their baseline after pregnancy (whew!). Well, I have 8 weeks more to go before India comes, and 8 weeks more to go of working while pregnant. I just hope that my forgetfullness doesn't put some patient at harm. I pray every morning for God to protect my patients from my mistakes!
On a lighter note, I managed to arrange my schedule to have 5 days off to go to indiana for thanksgiving with the family. It is much needed time for us. I can say I am even looking forward to 12 hours in the car together. I can't wait to see my adorable nieces and nephews who have grown up so much since I have seen them last. Also, I had been on the schedule for christmas and christmas eve and it got switched to new years. I am so excited to have our first christmas in our own home. It will be a great time for us. Since we can't travel anyways because i will only be 2 weeks from my due date, we will make the most of it and have a great time together. Pictures to come.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

You are a trooper. I'm glad all went well. (I'm getting excited to meet India. Sometimes you are so busy I forget you're pregnant!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home