Loco LL

Thursday, July 31, 2008

rough week

This has been a hard week all around. First, losing my job, then Chris leaving for Africa knowing that his grandma was dying, then finding out my uncle died 7 months ago, and getting the news that old grandma did die. She died on Thursday night. Old grandma had been telling Chris for years that she wanted him to speak at her funeral. She made sure everyone knew it and even as sick as she was, she was telling people 2 days before she died how "different" her funeral would be because Chris would be speaking at it. His dad just kept telling her that he would be there...knowing that he might not...but Chris had written out words to be read just in case. We all hoped she would hang on a bit longer, but God had other plans, and I know she is much happier being with God than worrying about her funeral. I got a hold of Chris right before he got on the plne to south africa. Say a prayer for him. It is really hard for him not to be there.
Also, I found out that my uncle, who we have been praying for for 12 years, died. And none of his family was notified. It is a long story, but it is a shock to everyone. It is hard to have closure when something like that happens.
I am down in VA now and trying to relax and focus, but it has been hard to settle down from within. Hopefully going on my retreat will help.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger maria said...

Sweetie -- what a terrible constellation of events. I miss you and am praying for you. I'll call you as soon as I get a free hour.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lara, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I too would love to catch up some time. I hope your retreat is clarifying and nourishing.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rosabelle said...

so sorry to hear all this. you and chris are in my thoughts. much love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home