Loco LL

Sunday, July 27, 2008

perspective

Thank you daphne for your thoughtful words that put my crap into perspective. I think I am done blogging for a while and I will just make links to others blogs:) Kidding.
So, we are tired as all get out after a long week and a much longer weekend. The kids are watching a movie and I am trying to figure out what the next step is after all this. I "lost" my job this week. It is a really long story and maybe I will blog about it, maybe I won't... But I was asked to preach today and at first I really didn't want to. But then I thought that maybe it would give me some incentive to "figure it all out." SO I went for an 8 mile walk around Kelly drive and I spent hours in front of the Bible reading about the life of Joseph. In the end I do feel encouraged and maybe a little bit excited to see what is in store. Thanks to Carlos, my dad's mentor and trainer, I have new wisdom on these past few months of my life. Joseph had a dream of his brothers bowing down to him, but it wasn't until at least 13 years later that they actually did. And he had to be sold into slavery, accused of rape and thrown in jail before that would ever happen. David was appointed to be king by God, but it would be 15 years before he would take his throne. And he had to live life on the run all those years! Maybe when God gives us a vision or dream for something we want in life, we need to be open to the journey to get there. Maybe the PURPOSE is the journey and not the end. Hmmmmmm... Just a thought. Hebrews 11:39 says, talking about all the women and men of faith that "these were all commended for their faith yet none of them received what they had been promised." It is not about asking God why things happen to us, but what we need to learn from it and what do we do now. SO, that is what I am up to, trying to "figure it out."


In other news, Alexa did an amazing job in her performance with YES AND, a theatre camp that we have been taking her to since she was one for the performances. It was awesome seeing her actually taking part this year. And she is a natural actor. She had a friend spend the night that night and didn't go to sleep until late. And then last night was the Jesus for President show. It was great seeing friends and catching up. And it was a great show and great music with the psalters and Aimee Wilson. We got back super late and so today we are just hanging low. I might clean the house, or not.
Chris is packing to travel to Germany, South Africa and Rwanda. I will probably go down to be with my folks. I am looking forward to reading a lot, and not about pre-eclampsia, or shoulder dystocia or anything to do with L&D. I am going to go on a spiritual retreat while I am there. I will post more later. Thanks to everyone who has been so encouraging these past few months. It has been rough, but I know that it has been for a purpose.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Daphne said...

awww, thanks for the link to my blog. ;)

hope things become clearer and that you receive a lot of grace and peace in the meantime. sayin' a prayer for you!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Lara, I'd really love to catch up more about all this, though I understand if you don't have the emotional energy or just the desire to blog about it all. Drop me an e-mail some time, and maybe we can figure out a time to talk on the phone after various kids are tucked in and accounted for! Blessings to you in this turbulent time! <3

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger lara said...

i would love to talk. i will try to call. you. i don't think i have yuor number. i'll see if meesh has it tonight when i see her.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger maria said...

Lara, this sounds crazy but inspiring too. Miranda is with her Grammy until Friday, so I'll call before then and we can have a good talk, if that works for you. Hugs and kisses to the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home