Loco LL

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Puerto Rico- Our 10th anniversary!!

WOW! Puerto Rico is so beautiful!! Chris and I celebrated our tenth anniversary in June, so we decided to go somewhere, just the two of us. We chose P.R. because most everyone in our church are Puerto Rican. We wanted to see their roots and understand their culture more. We stayed with one of our friends mom and another one of our friends aunt. They showed us around and fed us some delicious meals. The rest of the time we were in a resort. By this time I was totally over the morning sickness, but I ate way too many mangos, since they are all over the place for free!! Anyways, my stomach was pretty mad at me for that. We drove 1000 miles in 11 days. We drove all around the coast and visited numerous beaches. We visited a place in Fajardo that has a bay with biolumenesence. When it is dark outside, you put your hand in the water and it looks like it is on fire. We kayaked out to the bay and swam in it. So, our whole body looked like it was on fire. It is caused by the bacteria in the water coming in contact with oxygen. It is only in five places in the world (three of them in P.R). We ate such good seafood. Mofongo con langosta y camarones was my favorite. The pastalillos con langosta was amazing too. And we ate a whole fried red snapper, just caught, with this amazing sauce over it. MMMMMMMMMMMM! Well, I gained all the weight back that I had lost from being sick, and plenty more. I was glad to be pregnant. We missed the kids so much though by the second day. We called them everyday. They stayed with my parents, and they kept them very busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home