Loco LL

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

BABY!!!!


Well, all that busyness with finishing school, running in the race, and studying for my nclex, I didn't even think of the possibility of being pregnant. I had actually been going to an endocronologist fertility specialiat because I hadn't had a period in 5 months, and it had been over a year since I had a normal one. I had a pregnancy test in their office that came out negative and they put me on progesterone to bring on a period. Well, after 10 days with no period, I was getting worried and feeling a little sick to the stomach. hmmm.... i had an extra pregnancy test, so i used it, fully expecting it to be negative. When I saw the two lines, I immediately started to cry. No, not of joy, but of fear. I had been taking this medicine, I had a few too many drinks the day of my final, and that margarita!! I had ran a race (OK, now i know thats ok), but i had been taking advil every day to get me through the race!
Well, I woke up chris, who had just returned from Belize a couple of hours earlier. He was so happy. He tried to calm me down. It was a sunday, so i had to wait to call the doctor. I went in the next day for a blood test and a few days after that for this ultrasound. She assured me everything was fine. No big deal about the medicine, drinking a few drinks, and definitley the running. As long as I didn't do anymore races, no more drinking and no more medication. So I was 6 weeks along when I got this ultrasound. We saw the heart beat which gave me much relief. I don't know how i had the negative test a couple of weeks earlier. But, now I can be happy about the pregnany. Still, the nurse in me keeps thinking of all the things that could be wrong...I am trying to not focus on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home