Loco LL

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Beauty

I have been thinking a lot about beauty lately. I just sat in Borders last week thumbing through a great book on beauty. It talked about women, our bodies, our "issues," and it somehow settled me to a newer realization of how normal I am. I am constantly in this fight with my hormones, my face breaking out, my monthly stuff, weight, cravings, moods, etc. Seeing this video is just another reminder of how messed up our view of beauty is and how much I want to redeem it.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger maria said...

Lara,

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while now. I was remembering the talks we've had about beauty, femininity, motherhood, womanhood, and everything else. I like that I'm not the only one thinking about these things.

I'll call you this week so we can catch up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home