Loco LL

Saturday, January 03, 2009

A New Year and Remembering the Last One...


Probably the best thing about 2008 is my little brother getting married, bringing two more beautiful members to the Harler fam. Christtany is so precious and incredibly bright. She loves playing with my girls, and fits right into our craziness.
Brittany is so sweet and balances out my little brother in ways we always prayed would happen:) We are blessed to have her and Christtany!
It was so fun hanging out with all my cousins and kids. My girls love nothing more than being with their extended family. I have to say that I could do without the gifts and make Christmas more about the hanging out (like thanksgiving). Maybe I appreciate it more because I am away from family all the time and so when I can be with everyone, it is SO special!

Of coarse, we did get LOTS of gifts, but most of them were just what my girls wanted! Our families were good listeners when we asked for more wood, less plastic, more practical, less crap:) No, reallly, we appreciated the generosity from everyone, especially "old grandma," who passed away this past year. Chris' folks decided to give us some of her inheretence, which ended up being just enoug to fix out van! God always provides!
We loved the new instruments that aunt tami gave the girls, but decided to put them away until we could be seperated by atleast one floor for them to play with them...
Moriah and Lilianna watched for the dinner to be ready...man did we ever eat...i couldn't believe the scales... and am looking forward to getting back on track in that area:)
Moriah is only 3 months younger than sammy, but a whole head shorter. They are both goof balls though!
India stood her own for the first time in the annaul cousins picture.
Our first of many pyramid pictures. Chris had to be back up for any falling children (can you see him?)

New years, we have a tradition for getting together with the bixlers. yep, they are both green bay fans and... if you didn't know they are playing ELECTRIC FOOTBALL! Kelly and I have to yell over the buzzing the whole night to be able to hear each other. We talked raw food and prayer, while they talked NFL. I wonder which conversation was more productive. Oh well, it is new years eve anyways.

Alexa and Moriah hanging with papaw on new years day. we had such a great time, but it was time to head back to philly:(

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lara: Love some of your pictures. Would you send me some that I could make copies of?? Need to get caught up on our Christmas album. I'm two years behind. mom

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year lady! I"m so glad you had such great holidays celebrating with loved ones! I am so excited that you're coming up in a few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home