Loco LL

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a time to rest and play

I just returned from a long weekend in Richmond. I took Moriah, India, and Oskar. We played at the children's museum with our cousins, visited more cousins, aunts and uncles, and did a lot of hanging out in the great outdoors.

Moriah is learning about leaves and chlorophyll and has lots of questions. I remember very little from my earth science classes 20 years ago, so I tell her what I know and then head for the outdoors.
She soon gets distracted and wants to hunt for treasures...
So we go"deep into the forest" where I used to explore when I was her age. We find pieces of ancient china, and glass treasure, but our dig for lost dolls comes up unsuccessful...
But we do discover a magnolia tree that encompasses us like a hut, and we talk about what it would be like to live there...
And we end our hunt with a fun swing on the swingset.
I love hanging out with this girl. She is so unique, smart and ambitious.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Michael said...

That last photo of Moriah is fantastic!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger maria said...

It is fantastic, and she looks so much like you in that pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home