Loco LL

Monday, August 24, 2009

What happened to summer?

I feel like we got a little ripped off... You know what I mean?? I mean, it was stinkin cold in June and July (which had its advantages) and now it is hot as heck and my girls are back in school! So, I thought I would give a shout out to the summer that came and went in a minute...
We made it to the beach this year, but barely. It ended up being perfect weather but the water was still too cold for me. We met up with our Jersey friends and had a great time catching up, ending the night with a fire in Kirk's back yard and smore's for the kids. My friend and old roommate met us there with her tribe as well.


I also was so thrilled to see my sweet friend, Amber, marry an amazing guy who makes a perfect partner for her. The wedding was in their back yard and the reception had all locally grown food. So fabulous!
I got to hang out with my brother for a weekend who I only see once or twice a year. India loves her uncle John. So cute!

Oskar learned a lesson in patience and valueing his feminine side while the girls dressed him up in all his glory.
I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of Alexa who did an amazing job in the Yes And camp theatre production. She really did shine this year!
Chris took Alexa for a father daughter outing to her first Phillies game. It rained for about an hour, but they had fun watching the clouds roll in. It was Alexa's first game and Chris is really hoping she will start taking more interest in sports now...we'll see.
oh, and they did win!


3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger andreaferich said...

So cute Lara!! I love the pictures. What did happen to summer anyway? So much for global warming. I still have a bruise on my head from where you hit me with the marigold. Just Joking. miss you!! hopefully I will run into sometime soon.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous amber said...

thanks lara !

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous worldamazingfacts said...

u look like so sweet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home